Monday, June 13, 2011

Spring Kittens!

The great thing about living on a farm in spring, is that there is always new life!
Yesterday amidst the sadness over the goat's death and the funeral, we got our first batch of barn kittens! As I was walking outside, I noticed Lulu looked considerably smaller... I was surprised because we thought she still had a couple weeks to go in her pregnancy and we were SURE that Fluffy (in her hugeness) would be the first to go into labor. Lulu sure fooled us! I saw her dart back into the sun porch and dive into a box. Sure enough- she had her kittens and didn't even tell us about it! (and she had them inside our sun porch- probably why she kept it a secret) Three healthy, fat, roly poly balls of fur; 1 solid white and 2 black & white. They are adorable! I quickly made her a comfy box with an old sheet and moved her and her family into it so they would be safer and more comfortable. I will even let them stay in the sun porch for now, until they are big enough to get out of the box on their own and then I will move them out to the barn or the garage. When Lu stepped outside today I shot a quick photo of the trio:


I also took this picture with her in there with them, 
but the flash kindof washed them out especially the little white one:


It will be fun to watch them grow. 
And hopefully Fluffy will have her babies soon too!

***
OH! and look at these wildflowers.... aren't they GORGEOUS?!?!
My sweet friend Julie made this beautiful bouquet and gave them to me. 
LOVE THEM! Thanks Julie :)

(they smell good too!)

No comments: