Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Insanity Has Set In

My self control lasted exactly 2 months and 2 days... then it ran out.
I brought home 3 new chicks today- I just couldn't resist!!!
My friend Liz and her family came over for my Birthday cookout a few weeks ago 
and she fell in love with my Silkie chicks. 
So she contacted the breeder we got ours from back in March and set up a time to go see them. Naturally, I wanted to go along!
I forgot how adorably sweet newborn chicks are... 
they suck you in with their cuteness!!! 
Then the girl said they had some blue and red chicks.... SOLD! 
I came home with 3 new Silkies for the brooder: 2 blue and 1 red. 
I can't wait to see what they look like as they grow!!!!

Aren't they ADORABLE?!?!




look at that face! a real "angry bird"?

Dark Blue has somewhere to go... I guess the photo shoot is over!

So 25 chicks + 9 chicks - 1 chick + 3 chicks = 36 chicks
36 chicks + 2 special needs chicks (Julianna's project) = 38 chicks in the coop
38 chicks = Chicken Math
(see explanation of chicken math HERE)

I REALLY am done now.... at least until next year. I think. 

2 comments:

DeeAnn said...

I love love LOVE the red one!!! I want one! But I already have 36. Wonder if I can sneak in one and no one would notice maybe?? Oh- and I'm going to try the raisins!

Journey11 said...

Oh my goodness, they are adorable! I only have practical ol' layers this year, but I have promised to get some fun chickens for my daughter next spring. I bet she'd just love a silkie to hug on. :D