Friday, May 27, 2011

Rainy Days

Today was a rainy day on the farm...
but I am not complaining; I love the rain! 


I love to sit out in the barn and listen to the rain beating on the roof while inside all the animals are carrying on with their normal routines. 
The chickens are busy clucking and scratching; 
the goats are jumping and playing; 
the chicks are cheeping contentedly and the new baby goats are bleating.
Even the cats are happy to hang out with me in the barn away from the rain, and they find a comfortable spot in the hay to purr and groom themselves. 


Sitting there amidst it all I feel true contentment. 
I am so thankful that I am having the chance to fulfill this dream!
Kindof corny, but for a born and raised city gal,
finally getting to live in the country on a farm feels like a dream come true!

No comments: