Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cloth Diapering Journey

A few months ago I started using cloth diapers on Gus. I started for a few reasons, I went to a baby shower for a friend of mine and she registered for all cloth diapers. While at the shower, she talked a little bit about why and showed us how they worked. My attention was peaked. I have used disposable diapers on 5 kids- and I was one of those moms that would NEVER consider cloth. They just seemed too "hard". Pampers are easy- you take them off and throw them away. So I started researching cloth diapers. WOW- there is soooooo much to learn. Who would have thought there could be so many brands, types, YouTube videos, blogs, etc? I spent at least a month just learning about cloth. Besides being better for the environment, I learned they are better for the baby too- disposable diapers have chemicals in them. Cloth diapered babies have less diaper rashes, and that was where I was hooked. Gus has had lots of allergies and skin - including diaper rashes. After seeing the huge cost savings cloth diapering provides over disposables, I was sold. Lots of great reasons to use cloth and no real reason not too- I do laundry anyway! ;-)


I have spent the last 3 months trying different brands and types and it has been a lot of fun! Besides the SERIOUS cute-ness factor, Gus has been rash free!!! I am completely sold on cloth diapers and I highly recommend them to every mom.


We have tried lots of different brands so far, some we love, some we hate and some are just ok. I plan to do some reviews in the future because people always ask me which brands to use. One thing I have learned, a brand I might love, a friend of mine might not like at all... Some brands that have been highly recommended to me, I don't care for. It is really a personal preference! There is no wrong way to cloth diaper!!

No comments: