Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Chickens

an unexpected glimpse of spring 


It's mid March, and to this Florida gal, that means SPRING! Unfortunately in North Dakota, March is still very much winter. We occasionally get glimpses of the warm weather to come, but usually just as quickly winter comes crashing back in. I am itching to get into the garden and spend time outside with the chickens and goats... I can't wait til the leaves are back on the trees and I can wear flip flops around the farm. Lucky for me, chickens think spring is coming too! All over Craig's List I am seeing ads for chicks and I have anxiously been waiting for this since Jan!!!! I found a breeder in Harwood that has an assortment of chicks due to hatch tomorrow. We are going out there on Sunday to pick up our little bundles of fluff and I can't wait!!!!

No comments: